I was once a student and I understand how sometimes you might lack the inspiration to study. Many at times, the loads of assignment you have to do or the number of materials you have to study makes you want to give up. So, I have put together a list of my top inspiring quotes for students to work hard.
List Of Top 10 Inspiring Quotes For Students To Work Hard
1. “Don’t let what you cannot do interfere with what you can do.”
This is one of my favorite quotes by John Wooden. Rather than paying attention to the things you cannot do, just focus on the ones you can do. Most students don’t get inspired to read a subject probably because they don’t understand some of the topics that were taught.
If you find yourself in a situation like this, just start off with the ones you understand and along the way, you will begin to understand the ones that were looking so abstract to you.
2. “Success is the sum of small efforts, repeated day in and day out.”
This quote is by Robert Collier. Little drops of water make the mighty ocean. Consistent little efforts can go a long way in being successful. You need to know that consistency is key here. Vidal Sassoon said “The only place success comes before work is in the dictionary”
3. “Successful and unsuccessful people do not vary greatly in their abilities.
They vary in their desires to reach their potentials.” This is a quote by John Maxwell which I know will come in handy when you need inspiration. Everyone has the same ability, the differentiating point between the successful and the unsuccessful is in how they use their ability.
Never get to the point where you conclude that someone is smarter than you or someone is brighter than you or some heights are only for some certain people. If you believe you can and you set your mind to achieve it, then there is no height you cannot attain.
4. “I don’t regret the things I have done. I regret the things I did not do when I had the time”
Set a goal for yourself, do all that you can do now to achieve the goal so you would not be filled with regrets later on.
5. “Strive for progress, not perfection.”
One common mistake we all make is that we try to be perfect. No one can attain perfection that is why perfection should not be the end goal. We should seek to make progress. We would definitely encounter a lot of mistakes along the way, we learn from it, and make progress.
I will back this up with John Maxwell’s quote. “There are two kinds of people in this world: those who want to get things done and those who don’t want to make mistakes”
6. “The secret to getting ahead is getting started.”
Procrastination is a key issue that needs to be addressed for you to attain success. Don’t procrastinate till tomorrow what you can do today. You don’t have to be great to start but you have to start to be great
7. “There are no shortcuts to any place worth going.”
This is a quote by Beverly Sills. Success does not come so easily. You have to work hard for it just like the name implies ‘hard work’. It will require you to go the extra mile, and that is the key difference between the ordinary and the extraordinary.
You will have to dedicate your time and energy towards it. It might require you to forego a little bit of fun. Just like Thomas Edison said, “There is no substitute for hard work.” It is hard but it’s going to worth it in the end.
8. “Don’t say you don’t have enough time. You have exactly the same number of hours per day that were given to Helen Keller, Pasteur Michelangelo, Mother Teressa, Leonardo da Vinci, Thomas Jefferson, and Albert Einstein.”
This a quote by H. Jackson Brown Jr. All successful people don’t have more time than you do. We all have 24 hours in a day, it is how well we are able to utilize it that will make a difference.
9. “Failure is the opportunity to begin again more intelligently.”
This was a quote by Henry Ford. You need to stop seeing failure as ‘failure’. The truth is the successful people we have in society today have failed more times than the unsuccessful people.
Failure basically is an opportunity to try again with a better understanding now. You should not see failure as the end of the world. In fact, failing is something you should be looking forward to on the road to success.
10. “You have to get up every morning with determination if you want to go to bed with satisfaction.”
Start your day with determination, determination to achieve something. That will help you in achieving your goals.
Check out this guide for students to be successful in making money without a job
Some Other Great quotes:
- I have failed over and over and over again in my life. And that is why I succeed.
- I don’t measure a man’s success by how high he climbs, but how high he bounces when he hits the bottom.
- If you are going through hell, keep going
- Don’t let your victories go to your head, or your failures go to your heart.
- You don’t drown by falling in the water, you drown by staying there.
- The difference between a stumbling block and a stepping-stone is how high you raise your foot.
Remember, it is not a function of how much you know but a function of how much you can do with what you know. You have read some of the top inspirational quotes, it is not enough to just read them.
What have you gained? Note the key points, write an action plan and follow through with it. You won’t get what you want just by making wishes, you will get what you work for. Do you want it? Work for it!